dinnner, cake, jewellery, private hospital, doctors, party, police

Birthday Boy, Friend Consumes Sulphuric Acid By Mistake, Dies

A boy celebrating his ninth birthday and one of his friends died on Wednesday night after they mistook sulphuric acid for a cold drink, and drank it.

Sahil Shankar, whose birthday it was, and his goldsmith-father Shankar had invited friends and relatives from the neighbourhood for a party at their Kilari Road residence off Kempe Gowda Road.

After the cake was cut and the guests sat down for dinner, Sahil and his friend Aryan went into a room where Shankar had stored sulphuric acid in a glass bottle for jewellery-related work.

dinnner, cake, jewellery, private hospital, doctors, party, police
“The children mistook it for a soft drink and drank it. Soon, they collapsed. The guests rushed the children to a private hospital, which referred them to Victoria hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead,” a police officer said. The bodies of the boys were handed over to the parents after a postmortem examination on Thursday.

Also, Read Meet Taruna Vidhay, Who Left Her Bank Job to Feed and Educate Ghaziabad’s Struggling Children

According to police, Sahil was in Class III and Aryan a Class II student. Both studied at a private school in Chamarajapet. Shankar was not in the house during the party, and his wife Sunita was attending to the guests.

dinnner, cake, jewellery, private hospital, doctors, party, police
Police said Shankar’s family hail from Maharashtra and moved to Bengaluru three decades ago. Sahil was the couple’s elder child. Aryan too was the elder child of his goldsmith father, a native of Uttar Pradesh.

Also, Read Facebook wants to simplify blood donor searches in India

source

Like this story? Or have something to share? Write to us: info@emergingindiathe.com or connect with us on facebook and twitter ( @EmergingThe).

Comments

comments