Same month Last year, India dealt with a spontaneous change it wasn’t prepared for. Neither a natural disaster nor a terrorist attack (they are common), it was demonetization, the most spontaneous decision ever pulled by the government.
In an effort to eradicate black money, prime minister Modi made all ₹ 1000 and ₹ 500 notes as barren and void and introduced new currency notes. Except for the color pink, a glossy texture and Gandhiji looking in a different direction now, nothing big came out of Demonetization.
It did render savings to millions of people useless. And just as the country, apparently celebrated its first demonetization anniversary.
Here are 10 pictures that speak the truth and question if we really deserved this?
1. People wait for hours for their turn outside ATMs
2. The soldier who lost his spot in the line.
3. A lady lies unconscious with redundant ₹ 1000 notes outside a bank.
4. People stand for hours to deposit their currency that means nothing now.
5. Man reduced to tears after finding his money useless.
6. A lady stands disappointed after another ‘no cash’ ATM
7. Another man lies unconscious outside ATM.
8. A street hawker goes digital, accepting Paytm cash!
9. Yamuna Prasad remembers his mother who would have been alive, had the private hospital accepted old notes during the emergency.
10. India finally gets to see the new 2000 note!
Also, Read Video: Here is complete story of The Heroic Act By Sahil Batav, Who Stood Up Against The Law Breaker
11. Digital India, seriously??
Do you have an interesting story to share? Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay updated with more positive news, please connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.